post May 30 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #1

$خ!@Ω

Profile: Scorpian
Group: Members
Submissions: 7
Downloads: 4
Member No.: 15,718

Alright, I have been using Windows XP Professional (SP2, of course) for... years. Every time I used WindowBlinds, it worked no problem. Recently, though, I upgraded to Windows XP x64. Now, no matter how many times I try, WindowBlinds will not run. I've restarted several times, yet it keeps asking me to restart every time I open it.

Anybody else with x64 get this, or am I an enigma?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Izagaia
post May 31 2007, 01:56 AM
Post #2

Her Angel of Darkness
Group Icon

Profile: Izagaia
Group: GS Mods
Submissions: 12
Downloads: 45
Member No.: 287

Most applications, you come across, work specifically with x86 versions of Windows in mind. Every application for 64-bit Windows, I have seen thus far, will out-right state the fact. And there will almost always be a seperate (but equal) version for it. Unfortunately, I have not yet heard of StarDock, at this time developing for x64 Windows XP platforms. You will find 64-bit versions of their products rolling out for Vista however...

But you are out of luck so far as XP is concerned. Only TGT Soft's "Style XP" has a 64-bit version. Sorry, Scorpian. :(

And to be quite honest, you are most likely in need of better updated versions of your system drivers as well, as the ones you used for your 32-bit version of XP is nolonger of any use to you. I am guessing that you are relying on the generic drivers that come packaged with 64-bit XP at this point.

+Quote Post
Scorpian
post Jun 2 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #3

$خ!@Ω

Profile: Scorpian
Group: Members
Submissions: 7
Downloads: 4
Member No.: 15,718

Actually, no. I spent over a week making sure that I had the most up to date drivers before I installed x64, and update them regularly. I'm learning from my uncle's mistakes, and because of that, have fewer headaches...

Anyways, maybe with v6 they'll make one. Until then, I have CrystalXP's default WinStyles, which work directly with the system. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: