post Jul 12 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #1

GS Master

Profile: Ruler
Group: Validating
Submissions: 90
Downloads: 426
Member No.: 2

What was Microsoft thinking when they made IE9? It is the ugliest browser I had ever seen. It looks like a 4 year old built it. What a pile of crap!!! :lol:

So I decided to upgrade my OS to Windows 7 which I like. And upgraded my Microsoft Office from 2003 to 2010 and what a difference. No issues with that. Then I decided to upgrade my browser and yuck what a disgrace. :lol: I just had to uninstall it. I could not stand the uglyness of it. It had to go. :lol: :)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sz1
post Jul 12 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Owner/Designer
Group Icon

Profile: sz1
Group: Staff *
Submissions: 17
Downloads: 35
Member No.: 6

Hmm, not so bad for the looks as the most ungly part is the non-standard html/css things still there <_<

(It even has 4 different rendering modes for a page that will be activated for non logical ways.)

Anyway, I am not using IE if not needed (like at work for extranet).

+Quote Post
Ruler
post Jul 18 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #3

GS Master

Profile: Ruler
Group: Validating
Submissions: 90
Downloads: 426
Member No.: 2

I think it looks pretty bad. The graphics, layout, and overall features are bad. If your not using it, then it is a good thing. :lol: ;)

+Quote Post
Izagaia
post Jul 27 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #4

Her Angel of Darkness
Group Icon

Profile: Izagaia
Group: GS Mods
Submissions: 12
Downloads: 45
Member No.: 287

Or you could just stick with IE8, like moi.

Seems like with previous browsers, Microsoft made an effort to have the browser match the style of the current OS. XP with IE6. Vista with IE7 and Win7 with IE8. IE9, on the other feels like the bastard child of the bunch. As if Microsoft tried a different approach, going for "minimal is better", with competing directly with FireFox and Opera.

There are a few things you can do to have IE9 look more like IE8. But, IMO, they do not really help it a whole lot, cosmetically speaking. And I agree with you, IE9 is so freak'n ugly that I just went back to IE8 within the day. I want my web browser to feel a part of the OS - not seperate or independent from it. If the latter were the case, then I would just go with FireFox.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: