10 posts in this topic

Anyone still tweak there PC? It used to be a big deal back in the day but never hear about it anymore.

1 person likes this

What do ya mean?? Skinning???????????

1 person likes this

Overclocking is what I am talking about. I should have named the title differently. You can read about overclocking here. You don't here much about it anymore. Probably because computers are much better then they used to be. 

Mine can be overclocked, but I don't bother with that, it's fast enough for me as is. :)

I used to overclock when I gamed on a PC years ago. I don't have a need for it now because I don't game anymore and use an iMac now. Overclocking is great if you are a gamer otherwise you really wouldn't notice much difference. Someone would be wasting time overclocking if they are not a gamer. But thats an opinion. xD 

I think that usually overclocking CPU is not the thing for gamers as the GPU is more important for games (so they overclock GPU). CPU overclocking benefits more rendering (not gaming),

My CPU is not overclock-able with current motherboard.

Both CPU & GPU make a difference in gaming. But I did forget about rendering. :) 

They say not a big difference but then when you look threw the site more on this page http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/is-a-high-end-cpu-a-real-need-for-a-gaming-computer/5/ there is a game where the I7 processor beats the I3 processor by 8%. Not much but in gaming that makes a difference. I think we can agree though that the GPU is what makes the most difference. 

i7emjogos-h04.gif

Yes, but as we were discussing about overclocking: that has even smaller benefits normally. I am not speaking about $1000 GPUs ;)

63 vrs 68 is not noticable if you play 60Hz displays anyway. But if you want constant 144Hz...